Best 10 Portable Air Conditioners
As Of October 2021
We did the
Stay Cool All Summer With The Best Portable Air Conditioners
Are you feeling hot? With summer temperatures rising, are you desperately looking for a solution that will give you cool air and a refreshing breeze when you're stuck in your apartment? Something more versatile than an air purifier, maybe? Look no further as the best portable air conditioners are an excellent solution that will improve the air quality in your home, giving you chilled air in any room.
Portable air conditioners are not a permanent fixture like the traditional air conditioners, giving you better mobility to take them from one room to another. They are compact and lightweight enough to carry comfortably. They have various speed settings and let you control the wind breeze exactly to your liking.
Want to know more about the top features of these high-quality air coolers? Check below!
- Speed Settings: Most, if not all, portable air conditioners come with adjustable speed settings that give you a wider selection of wind modes for your ultimate comfort and coolness. The average speed settings by default are three, low, medium and high.
- BTU Rating: BTU stands for British Thermal Unit and is a universal measuring system showing how effective the portable air conditioner is at cooling rooms. Generally, anything above 7000 BTU is fantastic. The average cooling efficiency is between 9000 and 12000 BTU. For maximum cooling power, find an option going over 14,000 BTU.
- Noise Level: The noise level is how much noise your portable air conditioner makes, and you measure it in decibels (dB). Some models have very low decibel levels making them perfect for office or night use, even having sleep modes. A good noise level can be between 50 to 70 decibels.
- Remote Control: If you want to be able to operate the air conditioner even while you're lounging on your couch, find a model with a remote control. With a remote, you can adjust the fan speed, temperature settings and more.
- Multiple Modes: Portable air conditioners can have multiple functions, including air conditioning, a fan and dehumidifier mode. These 3-in-1 models are perfect for those who want to find a money-saving product that combines many features.
- Exhaust Hose: Portable air conditioners require an exhaust hose to move warm air outwards that connects to the window with a window bracket. Ensure that your product includes these otherwise, you'll have to buy them separately, which can add up the costs.
Enjoy relaxing in the comfort of your home without breaking a sweat, even on the hottest summer days. Check out the best portable air conditioners and create the perfect setting for you and your loved ones to lounge around in. No more disgruntled shifting in your bed in the middle of the night because of how uncomfortable you feel in your sleep! Keep humidity at bay with our top picks! Are you ready to purchase your own?